NFTP development progress
This page displays news on NFTP development.
Beta versions can be downloaded (when available) from
Look at the archive:
prior to 1.22 |
1.22 -- 1.50 |
1.50 -- 1.72.b2.
- 19 Jun 2008
- After usual fiddling with termcap includes, NFTP for x86 Solaris 10
- 19 Apr 2007
- Current 1.72.b4 verified to work on Fedora Core 5.
- 15 Apr 2007
- Fixed hang in Win32gui user interface layer (which was developed but
never released). NFTP now uses 'Documents and Settings' under Windows
to store user files.
- 12 Apr 2007
- All strings to be localized have been converted to gettext except
help screens which need rewriting anyway. I am throwing away current
- 11 Apr 2007
- Exclusions are implemented in mirroring and seem to work. I am slowly
converting sources to use gettext instead of homebred localization
system used previously. gettext verified to work ok on Windows.
OS/2 and BeOS need testing! Unix should present no problems.
- 7 Apr 2007
- The following mirroring options have been added to NFTP:
Not all of these options were implemented and tested. 1,2,4,6 were already
working; 3,5,7 seem to work but need testing, 8,9 need work. There
are still inconsistencies in mirroring: directories are not always
traversed correctly when uploading; deleting remote directories fails
due to them being non-empty.
- whether to delete unmatched files (was a separate menu item);
- whether to recurse into subdirectories (was a separate menu item);
- whether to ignore file modification times;
- whether to confirm deletions (was an option in nftp.ini --
too cumbersome to use);
- an option just to display what would be done but don't do
- whether to work in case insensitive mode for filenames
(was an option in nftp.ini -- too cumbersome to use);
- allowed timestamp mismatch in seconds (relaxes file modification time
- shell-style expressions for exclusion of files and directories
- regular expressions for exclusion of files and directories
- 2 April 2007
- A minor rewrite has become large overhaul. I am planning to migrate
all NLS stuff to gettext and experimenting with it. The biggest
foreseen obstacle is a necessity of carrying libintl and libiconv together
with NFTP on obsolete operating systems. Greatly expanded mirror options
but haven't finished implementation of the features. More later...
- 30 March 2007
- Started minor rewrite of menu i18n routines to make menu editing
less painful in internationalized versions.
- 29 March 2007
- Removed FTP search interface code. It seems that no public
ftpsearch servers exist now.
- 25 March 2007
- More than 3 years have passed... Several built-in viewer
improvements. Search in viewer is now case insensitive.
Horizontal offset in viewer is now unlimited (was 256).
Search string is remembered in viewer.
- 12 Sep 2003
- Found a bug causing crash at startup in unregistered version
when history is absent (fresh install). Issued 1.72.b4. My son
Lev Ayukov was born this day, 20:40 MSK.
- 9 Sep 2003
- Released 1.72 beta 3.
- 3 Sep 2003
- Fixed bug which could cause crash when mirroring. mirror.include-subdirs
now works correctly when uploading. Downloading to root directory of the
drive is possible again. Loading history has been sped up.
NFTP home page //